What Is Hospice?
Hospice is a philosophy of care that focuses on quality of life and comfort for the patients living with a life limiting illness. It is a type of care that puts comfort, dignity, and quality of life ahead of aggressive, curative treatments. The patient and family are the focus of care. Our compassionate hospice team is able to provide physical, emotional, and spiritual support during one of life’s most challenging times.
Renville County Hospice provides all necessary hospice services related to the physical, spiritual, and emotional comfort and well-being of eligible patients, their families, and primary caregivers.
• Physician, nursing and hospice aide care
• Social services, spiritual care and volunteer support for patients and their families
• Respite care and inpatient care
• Bereavement services for family and caregivers 13 months following patient’s death
Advanced Care Planning
Advanced care planning helps anyone, healthy or ill, communicate their wishes for medical treatment.
At any age, a medical crisis could leave someone too ill to make their own medical decisions. An advanced care plan provides information to others about your wishes in case illness or injury prevents you from telling them yourself.
Advanced Care Planning is a Process of:
- Clarifying your values and health care goals
- Understanding your treatment options
- Weighing your options about what kind of care and treatment you would want or not want
- Making decisions about whether you want to appoint a health care agent or complete a health care directive
- Communicating your wishes in writing in a document called an advance directive or health care directive.
Free Advanced Care Planning Class
At this class you will learn about advanced care planning and receive assistance in completing a health care directive. Free monthly sessions are offered at RC Hospital’s Cosgriff Senior Room the last Wednesday of each month at 3:00 p.m.
Quotes From Family Members
“Our family was very satisfied with hospice in every way. We thank you again for all your love and help.”
“Our thanks for you care, concern, and support as you walked with us through these difficult days.”
“God bless your program and all the people working with it. Your love will always be remembered.”
Hospice Interdisciplinary Team
Renae Slagter, Director
Heidi Sticha, LSW
Heather Neubauer, RN
Kimberly Bird, RN
Kari Hadler, CNA
J. Rob Kemp, MD, Hospice Medical Director
Pastor Matt Hausken, Hospice Champlain
For an On-Call Nurse or Voice Mailboxes 320-523-3427