We can help you with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases and conditions of the urinary system for both men and women.
Reasons to See Urology
While our outreach has expertise in all areas of urology, most of our patients are referred for the following reasons:
- Prostate, bladder, kidney or testicular cancers
- Blood in the urine (often times this is invisible)
- Urinary leakage
- Prostate problems and BPH
- Elevated PSA
- Specialized surgery including robotics, cryosurgery, laparoscopy
- Kidney stones
- Lumps found on the kidneys or the testicles
- Vasectomy evaluation
- Recurrent bladder infections
- Recurrent pain around the kidneys or bladder
- Sexual health and fertility problems
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU)
Neil M. Skemp, M.D.
Dr. Skemp is a Board Certified Urologic Surgeon. A lifelong Minnesotan, he was raised in the rural southeastern part of the state. He attended St. John’s University and graduated with a degree in biology. He attended medical school and obtained his specialty training in urology at the University of Minnesota. He practices general urology and treats a wide variety of general urologic problems. His areas of interest include treatment of enlarged prostate, kidney stones, and urologic cancers—including prostate, kidney, and bladder. Dr. Skemp is also interested in minimally invasive technology in the treatment of kidney stones and urologic cancers. This includes use of laparoscopy and da Vinci robotic prostatectomy.
- Medical School – University of Minnesota Medical School
- Internship and Residency – University of Minnesota
- American Board of Urology Certified: 2005
Dr. Skemp’s clinic locations include Olivia Robbinsdale, Waconia, and St. Anthony.
Memberships and Societies
- American Urologic Association
- American Medical Association
- Minnesota Urologic Society