The scholarships are to encourage students to pursue careers in health care, with the hope they return to live and work in Renville County. Therefore, recipients of the scholarship are required to attend an initial orientation session with the RC Hospital & Clinics staff, participate in hometown parade, county fair and annual sessions as part of the scholarship renewal process. Internships and other such opportunities at RC Hospital & Clinics may also be available to recipients as part of this award.
High school seniors awarded a RC Hospital Foundation Scholarship in 2020 will be eligible to receive $8,000 distributed over four years ($2,000 per year) providing the following criteria are met:
- Enrolled as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credits per semester)
- Major in an approved health care field of study
- Maintain a minimum non-cumulative grade point average of 2.0 as a freshman and a 2.3 for subsequent years
Funds will be provided to recipients after the completion of the recipient’s first semester of education, additional one-time scholarships may be awarded if funding is available. Upon submission of a transcript showing a minimum grade point average of 2.0 and second semester classes you are enrolled in.
To be considered for a RC Hospital Foundation Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Attend a Renville County High School or be a resident of Renville County
- Attend post-secondary educational institute and purse an approved health care related field
- Make a written commitment for volunteer opportunities offered throughout the year, participate in a job shadowing experience at RC Hospital & Clinics
- Attend an annual information session with RC Hospital & Clinics Staff